Game Loop Lab
Based in Freising, Germany
Jan. 22nd 2015
|$||2.99 on iOS|
|freemium on Android|
Blockadillo is an arcady Android game where you have to smash colored blocks with a color changing armadillo. The catch? The armadillo is rolled up and bounces up and down by itself the whole time. You can only steer it left and right to reach the blocks you have to smash in order to complete a level. This may be harder than it sounds. The blocks are colored in one of five colors and the Armadillo has a color too! It can only smash blocks that have the same color. To change its color the Armadillo has to find and hit special stones. Besides these there are a lot of other things to find in a typical Blockadillo level like: blocks that can only be moved with the right color, switches, ancient machines, moving platforms, deadly traps and huge lava pits.
- Solve physics based puzzles by moving crates and stones and interacting with your surroundings
- Enable ancient machines and mechanisms, use platforms to reach dangerous places and collect the lost armadillo idols.
- Enjoy Blockadillo's wonderful, handcrafted graphics
- Explore the levels and find new blocks, lovely details and deadly traps
- Be immersed in the game with a unique soundtrack and ambient sounds for every world
- Get to know the arduous armadillos and discover their story throughout the game
a short gameplay trailer YouTube
another gameplay trailer YouTube
All images are licensed with CC BY 4.0.
Logo & Icon
All logos are licensed with CC BY 4.0.
- "You don't often see changes to the basic block breaker game formula. [..] Occasionally someone does something new with the genre, though. [..] Blockadillo is hard to pin into a genre, but it is unique and fun."
- Lena LeRay, indiegames.com
- "If you’re interested in puzzle games than Blockadillo is something you should definitely look into!"
- Christopher Griffiths, loading.savestate.net
- "If you grew up in the 1990s with fond memories of Brickle, one of the few games many kids were allowed to play during free time, you may feel a surge of nostalgia for Blockadillo"
- Bonnie Burgette, indiegamemag.com
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Game Loop Lab
We're the creators of Blockadillo, an arcady mobile game that's about smashing colored blocks with a color-changing Armadillo.
More information on Game Loop Lab, our logo & relevant media are available here.